Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A message from above or at least what I thought...

Finally I found myself having a day packed with activities, 3/4 of the day actually. Exams are done with and there goes year 2 as well. Four months of holiday to look forward to and Im stressed as hell in less than a week after exams. Its funny how stress follows you around, if it isnt study stress its boredom stress or just some other people screwing things up for you. Its inevitable, somehow it'll catch up with you. But today... it caught on to me but somehow I managed to shook it off without having to self-motivate.

Back to my day, dance training at 9am, we did a lot of endurance training (physiology was on my mind throughout the exercise), this really drained half of my energy and I found myself dragging through the remaining session. So after training, I headed off to 1U to meet up with some friends for a K session. They decided to catch a movie immediately after K, I didnt join them as I planned to go to the club house to settle some membership issues and swim while Im there. So here's the part where I felt that something struck a message to me. It was around 4pm when I left 1U and was pouring really heavily (I was inside so I didnt know it was raining when I said I was heading off to the club house). So I was thinking, "should I go home instead and come again another day?" I drove on. About halfway to my destination along the highway, I saw clear skies in a distance of what I thought was where Im heading, wow I couldnt be happier. However, the moment lasted not even a good minute when the road curved away from the light and pointed me to dark stormy clouds, my real destination. I drove on, I didnt know why... I never thought of turning back. The rain got even heavier to the point where I had to use full wiper speed or else I wouldnt be able to see the road. The journey was sluggish, roads were flooded, a few accidents... what surprised me most was when I was about 1km+ before reaching, the rain gradually stopped! Not even a single drop! Mo**** F*****! Im not lying. Only then my mind came back to my physical piece of brain and I realised why I drove on.

I was stoning while driving, but this was the message that came to my focus: When we are thrown into an issue, naturally we would seek the most obvious form of comfort to alleviate the problem. But if we never take risks, we would never know what is two steps ahead of us. The phase from light to the dark clouds made me want to turn towards home but I reached my club house without a single drop of rain on me. I didnt give up or give in and I havent done so either when it came to settling some my thoughts. Neither have I given up on my hopes and beliefs.

Though the staff in the office pissed me off regarding the membership (inefficient bunch of wan ton soup), I had a good swim anyhow! =)

Enjoy the holidays!

No comments: